You guys know my sister right?
Well, for those that do and for those that don’t, here is a random, itemized list all about her:
- Kara is 4 years my junior and pretty much idealized me while growing up (let’s be frank, I doubt this has changed much.)
- We share A LOT of the same obsessions: travel, knitting, sewing, urban living, young adult literature, all things British.
- I don’t really remember when this happened but at least post-High School graduation Kara has always been “the funny/clever/witty one”.
- Kara has way better hair than I do (but my toes are better than hers so it all evens out.)
- I once had a group of co-workers who labeled Kara “bad sister” because of the difference in how I talked to her on the phone as opposed to baby sister Bri (who was labeled: “good sister”.)
- Kara is not (and has never been) a “bad sister”.
- Kara is like a mama bear to her cubs when the people she loves are hurt or wronged. Lesson: don’t mess with Kara’s people.
- Kara’s last passport got so full she needed to expand the pages.
- Kara LOVED animals when she was a kid, so much so that she once declared herself a vegetarian but couldn’t make it stick due to a slight addiction to Chicken McNuggets.
- Kara still loves herself some Chicken McNuggets.
- And finally…today is Kara’s birthday!
Happy birthday to my beautiful, brave, creative, strong, adventuresome sister. I am grateful every day that God saw fit to give you to me. Love you Kara.