- Hanging out with two great friends both of whom I met while studying abroad in London in 1995. We have been friends for 12 years. Crazy.
- Having a friendly homeless beggar tell me how nice I looked one night. He even said it AFTER my friend gave him some money. Now, normally I don’t take compliments from strange men on the street to heart, but this guy really seemed sincere. I asked my friend if he thought the homeless guy meant what he said and he told me he thought he did. Nice.
- Food. Lots and lots of good food. (Followed of course by lots and lots of gym time this week.)
- Seeing famous people. Sort of. I saw a guy in a hotel lobby that I could tell is an actor (since he was so much better looking than normal people) but I have no idea who he is. I think he might be on TV but I can’t place what show. So I think I saw someone who is at best quasi-famous. But I saw him.
- Walking everywhere. I love that you can so easily navigate New York by foot.
- Spending a beautiful day with my cute cousin Meghan and the happiest baby on earth, McKinlay, in Boston.
- Learning that Johnny Cupcakes is in fact NOT a cupcake store but a deceptively designed “bakery” selling t-shirts and underwear. Super lame. Meghan and I were severely disappointed since we excitedly spied the store front and eagerly opened the doors in anticipation. Note to Johnny Cupcakes: Maybe you should sell some cupcakes. Just a thought. Speaking of cupcakes…
- Inadvertently getting on a You Tube video with my co-worker Michelle. Unknown to me, there was this couple on a fake date to a really good cupcake shop in Boston called Lulu’s. I am walking down the street with my co-worker Michelle and spy a sign for Lulu’s cupcakes. Michelle is walking a little ahead of me and so I call out to her to stop so we can both enjoy a delicious cupcake. As soon as I say her name I notice that this couple on the steps turned to look right at me and then I see that there is a guy filming them. I slowly saunter over to Michelle and we watch as they walk across the street. We go into the cupcake shop and find out that it is part of some Improv show and the “Cupcake Dates” are filmed and put on You Tube. I am SO famous. Watch from 2:05-2:17. That is when I make my guest appearance (I am in the green jacket). The rest of the “date” is kind of lame so I wouldn’t bother watching.
- Finding out that I have a serious thing for cupcakes.
- And finally, getting past the bottom ribbing on my Tangled Yoke Cardigan.
It worked everybody–the trip gave me my knitting mojo back!
(sigh) I love the east coast.
The following 27 comments were originally left at blogspirit:
Are you obssessed with cupcakes?! Glad your knitting mojo is back.
Wow…I went to watch the video and caught the 15sec before you walked through, and wow…that was horribly lame. Not you, the tool trying to dance.
I am stalled on the first sleeve for Tangle Yoke. I really want to get to the fun part (ie the cable) but that doesn’t happen too quickly if you keep working on other projects instead.
WOW, that guy was ANNOYING! How’d you find out you were in the video? Did they make you sign a release?
I love Boston. And New York. Totally for the walking, too.
Glad all’s well again with your knitting. I’m doing Central Park Hoodie, now, and it’s getting me back on track.
You were definitely the highlight of that video. Maybe you stole that guy’s dancing mojo!!
PS I would be crushed if I found underwear instead of cupcakes too.
you are SO famous! knowing you almost makes up for the fact that i still have a major cupcake craving
remember next trip–we go to maine! 🙂
…and on to the endless sea of stockinette…made infinitely better by the ability to concentrate on the movie being watched due to hands on autopilot. Now if only there was a way to consume cupcakes while knitting st st mindlessly all during a great movie or tv show!
Haha, I’ve got to see the YouTube video!
And P.S., I think we’re still in exactly the same place on the cardigan!
Hey! I posted about cupcakes (even posted a photo or two) a few posts ago after we enjoyed some from a great little shop in Vancouver’s West End, Cupcakes, just a block or two from the beach (that’s Vancouver, BC, Canada– pretty sure your version in Washington doesn’t have a beach!). Come visit some day and you can get yourself a little box of yummy, pretty cupcakes and take them down to the ocean for a perfect picnic (not very balanced, but perfect!)
Cupcakes! I lovie the cupcakes and well there is nothing so grand as the east coast to get you going again.
Welcome back! There’s nothing like a good cupcake. 🙂
I’m with you on the east coast. Gotta get back there!
Glad you had such a good trip! Sounds like fun.
Sounds like a great trip! And it does indeed sound like you have a thing for cupcakes.
hooray for all that stuff… but *especially* for cupcakes and for knitting mojo!
Is that the “Pickle” colorway for your TY? I love it.
Why do you keep getting more and more famous?! YouTube. There is no stopping you now.
Can’t wait to see you this weekend!
Yeah for traveling bringing back knitting mojo! Those cupcakes must have helped too 🙂
Yay for mojo return. I think the cool weather did it for me. The East Coast is easy to love. I do love to visit but not sure I could live there…I love ‘me’ mountains;-)
sounds like a fabulous and refreshing trip. the tangled yoke cardigan is looking lovely too. glad you got your knitting mojo back!
Love your cardi! Glad you had yourself some fun, cupcakes or no cupcakes…
Can you meet up tomorrow. I’m in Denver right now.
That’s too funny about the cupcake date! Ha! It sounds like you had a great time!
Glad you had a great time and I’m glad your mojo’s back! I’ve missed you blogging and your beautiful projects and lovely life!
I am glad your knitting mojo has returned, and I am glad you had fun on the east coast! It’s a fun place!
Glad you had a good time on your trip. I did part of my undergrad in Boston and love the area. You knit beautifully. Been admiring your work for a while and decided to delurk and comment 🙂
love that you got your knitting mojo back….i have the yarn to make the tangled yolk…just haven’t cast on…
sounds like a fantastic weekend…..isn’t it funny how a total stranger saying you look nice, is such a pick me up! 🙂
i actually watched that whole video! too funny.
This is my first visit and I just went through your entire gallery. You have sure come a long, long way since your striped scarf just a couple of years ago!
I love how you’ve formatted your FO’s – very informative!
I’ve someone coming over today for help casting on her first scarf and I sure plan to show her your progress for inspiration!
According to the lame guy, he “has a lot of depth.” Hmmm. I think the girl would’ve been bes served by getting cupcakes with you and leaving his sorry butt in the street.
I love Boston and NYC! Do you think I should move there instead of LA? Would the dating scene be better than DC? I see no improvement if it contains tools like the one from the video.
I picked up crochet but I suck. I am deeply shamed by all your master pieces. Maybe I should knit instead.