It has been a bit of a random week for me so I thought I should honor it with a totally random post. Oh, oh, maybe I will itemize my random and unconnected thoughts. That will be fun. (I love itemizing things. And white boards. I warned you about the random. )
- If you could be any knitter who would you…Eunny. I would be Eunny in a heart beat. I want to knit like her and design like her and have vision like her and be cool like her. Have you seen the sweater she so temptingly gave us a sneak peak of? I want it. HAVE to have it. Hear me know…I will knit this sweater.
- Wondering how my Biggest Loser competition is going? Well the first month went really well. I lost 7 pounds and came in 3rd of 22 at our mid-competition weigh-in. The first two weeks of the second month? One word for you: plateau. It is so frustrating. But for the final two weeks I am really going to kick it into high gear. Working out 6x a week, really strict diet, no eating after 8–I must finish strong. At this point it is all about the money. And pride. MM, EB, BR and JP…I am coming for you.
- Anyone out there seen MI-5 or as they call it in the UK, Spooks? Kara and I watched the finale of season 2 last night. Holy cow. Within 5 minutes of finishing the episode, season 3 was moved to the top of our Netflix queue. Seriously amazing show. Plus a little Matthew MacFadyen action doesn’t hurt.
- I am almost done knitting all the pieces of my Phildar Zip Cardigan. Which means pretty soon I am going to have to face the zipper. Oh you zipper…how you taunt me. Thankfully my buddy Ann and seamstress extraordinaire is staying with me next week. So my goal is to have it all knit and seemed by Monday. Then at least I will have a teacher for the zipper insersion. (Or someone who will just do it for me if I whine long enough.) It is exciting though, I should have an FO by end of next week. At least I hope.
- I bought it. I am talking about the Blithe kit. Thank you so much for all of your recommendations and support. I love posts that bring out the lurkers too–it is always fun to be introduced to new blogs. So what color did I go with? Well, it happens to be the same color that got the most votes from my post. I was torn between two colors in the end and a friend (Thanks lil’ Jeff!) helped me make the final decision by photoshop-ing the yarn colors in the sweater for me to visualize it. You want to see the winner? Here it is…
Yup, Steel Blue. I am a happy girl and looking forward to my first spring/summer knit.
Have a grand weekend everyone!
The following 19 comments were originally left at blogspirit:
Love Spooks/MI-5 – definitely a fun thing to watch. 🙂
Just today I was wondering “Where is that Girl Who Knits?” Eunny is one of the best desiners ever…she gets better and better. Nice choice for Blithe! Hope to see you next week…you know it’s partah time!
Yeah zippers ~I can’t wait and I guess I get to see season three of MI-5? This is going to be a very good week I think.
Saw Eunny’s sweater. Knew I would never make it, don’t have the eyesight any more to follow a chart that intricate. Don’t think I have the patience, either. Drooled and slobbered anyway!
Eunny’s new sweater really is gorgeous. And of course, we KNOW you can do it. Unlike the rest of us poor slobs.
I want to marry Eunny. Seriously, I want to have her babies.
Blithe will be lovely in the steel blue.
My husband and I have been setting up a Netflix list. I had fogotten about wanting to see MI-5. Thanks for the reminder!
I love all of Eunny’s knitting. I hope you do knit the sweater!
Eunny…sigh…she is amazing, isn’t she? Matthew MacFadyen…sigh…he is amazing, ins’t he? Glad you’re checking in with the randoms!
that Eunny is extraordinary alright!
Love the sweater in blue – can’t wait to see it on you!
the steel blue is going to be smashing! great colour choice.
i know, i nearly died when i saw eunny’s new sweater. wow.
Eunny is killing me with that fair isle.
Great choice on the blue steel. Blythe is going to be quite lovely. Yay, spring!
The colour you have chosen is lovely. I have just discovered your blog and your knits are inspirational!
Wow, that is going to be an awesome color! It’s such a cute knit too! I also just spent about an hour looking through Eunny’s blog thanks to your link. How is it that I’ve never come across her before???
Hey–you make it sound like I encouraged you to pick the blue. To clarify my stance for future generations, I voted AGAINST the blue.
Chuck Palahniuk, Panic! at the Disco, and I all voted Aubergine, all the way.
Glad you chose the Phildar kit in steel blue. I hope you get through the plateau soon!
Wow, you went against the advice of Chuck P? Can’t say I blame you actually. This is going to be a beautiful knit.
Ha! As soon as I saw the post on Eunny’s new sweater, I knew you would want to do it too. Are you going to? If you do, I think that I would just suck it up and buy the yarn and knit along with you. I’m eager beaverly awaiting when it will be available for my grubby hands to buy.
I really, really miss sitting on the other side of the cubicle wall and getting all of this firsthand. I have, however, fully recovered from MMS (have YOU?).
I’m also wondering why Lil’ Jeff is weighing in on your knitting projects (AND WHY YOU’RE LISTENING TO HIM)…