Twas the night before Christmas and I accidentally deleted all the pictures on my camera. All the pictures I had taken in the week I had been in Hong Kong.
I am sick. This puts a serious cramp in the pictorial tour I was going to give you of this city that I am loving. Seriously, I think I love it. But instead I am working hard to take lots and lots of pictures in the last few days I have left so hopefully I will have more to show you when I get home. I am in Hong Kong for two more days and then leave for Thailand on Thursday. 5 days in Thailand and then I am home and back to real life.
So despite the picture mishap, I do have a couple to share from my Mom’s camera. But first, I was tagged by Tienne and Lark for the “6 weird things about me” meme. This really wasn’t hard for me. Perhaps I should be worried about that. So here goes:
- I make wishes–every chance I can get. For example, when a clock reads 1:11 or 11:11 I always make a wish. That is not really the weird part. I take the wishes very seriously. I think about what I am going to wish and word it in a way that I won’t regret (Sleeping Beauty really made an impression on me.)
- I love falling asleep when other people are around me. Not any people, but trusted friends or family. I used to ask my roommate to do her homework in my room while I was falling asleep because there was just something about it that was so comforting and pleasing.
- I love meat but I have issues with it. Nothing processed–cold cuts in general are out. I have a hard time with ham–it seems dirty and slimy. I like clean meat and really I am the only one who can determine what that means. I won’t eat anything that comes to me looking like its live self. Cornish Game Hens…out. I really should be a vegetarian but man I love a good steak.
- I have a naive faith in and a romantic idealistic take on celebrity romances. For instance, I really believed JLo and Ben were going to go the distance. I really did.
- I can’t ride a bike. Never learned. I have tried to a few times but I have a problem with being out of control and balance. I don’t like falling.
- When I was little my imaginary friends were slugs. There was a town called Slugville of which I was the only human visitor. My interest in slugs stemmed from two things–one, my brother would kill slugs in our front yard by pouring salt on them and I thought that was mean and two, even as a kid I thought it unfair and mean that people only seemed to care about the cute and cuddly animals. The mayor of Slugville agreed with me.
So there you go. Weird, eh?
I will leave you with only few pictures from my so wonderful trip.
We rode the Star Ferry boat on Christmas day…
to see this amazing skyline complete with fireworks and a laser show.
Today we saw the biggest Buddha I have ever seen…
And just in case you are worried, I am knitting.
Yes, that is the second sleeve of Venezia. It is finished now, most of the sweater is seemed–it all goes well, I will have a finished post before Thailand. Happy Boxing Day everyone!
The following 13 comments were originally left at blogspirit:
At least you are still there and can recapture some of your pictures. Your trip sounds so exotic. It’s one of my dream trips! Enjoy your last few days.
My husband lost our camera on the last day of our trip to Italy. Left it at a restaurant. It contained the only photos of all my cousins who no one in my family had seen for nearly 2 decades.
As for the slug thing, my kids had a picture book when they were little which I believe was called, “The Slug Book.” It came in a gift pack with a little stuffed slug. Adam loved that little stuffed slug.
It looks like you’re having a great time. I love that venezia – I want to see it all finished.
Have a great week before new years!
You look like you are having a great time! Thanks for doing the meme too – yeah, we’re all weird together!
You are a sport to play the meme thing. I really, really dislike things you must “pass on or be cursed in the kitchen forever” and such. But this one seemed different, and I hadn’t the heart to disappoint Cheryl. So thanks for playing. Also, your trip sounds like so much fun! Be safe. Blue skies, Lark
That is so sad! I hope you are able to capture some other things – but you can always journal them as well – keep the memories alive! The pics you did get are great! Big Buddha!
Love the V sleeve
Hey, just a quick note–you still might be able to get the photos off your camera that you deleted. Just do NOT format the memory card until after you get home. It depends on the camera and the storage, but sometimes you can get photos back even after you’ve deleted them (right now they are saved in a tiny compressed state). You’ll probably have to take them into somewhere like Inkleys, but you MIGHT just be able to get them back.
Being the son of a gardener, I grew up killing slugs. Salt was fun, but it was more fun using water and ammonia in a spray bottle and shooting it out with them.
Hurry home. You are missed. We can’t go on without you. Hurry hurry hurry home.
Ack! All your pictures GONE! But it sounds like you are having a wonderful time- I’m envious!
what a lucky girl to be in hong kong…i will live vicariously through you…for now.
did you cry when you deleted all your photos? omg, i would have cried! :0) love the ones that you retook though…it’ll all be alright.
gald to see some knittin is gettin done! ;0) x
Why you gotta hate on the ham? J/K I once had a Muslim roommate in college and this one Thanksgiving my girlfriend gave me a ham, which, not thinking, I promptly put in the fridge. Wow. By his reaction when he found it, you’d have thought it was a severed head I’d put next to the Sunny D.